Friday, July 24, 2009

Pressing On


Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 3:13-14


This beetle looked to me as though he was doing his daily push-ups...a reminder to us to be diligent today as we press toward our goal of the upward call of God.

9 comments:

  1. excellent words...praise the lord..

    Hexahost provides shared hosting, and virtual private servers. “Hosting simplified” is the key driving force for Hexahost
    http://hexahost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture totally complements the verse. I like how it's "reaching forward".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joan! It is one of my favorite images. : ) And one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You truly are an inspiration in so many ways... giving of your time and energies. Thank you for being such a positive and hopeful role model. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate this is a great, inspiring blog and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shot! It does look he's doing push-ups! I love it!
    Awesome verse...so true...I try to always strive for the "upward call"...some days are easier than others...

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a beautiful little beetle!!! Isn't it fascinating the ways God speaks to us!? A great shot Kate!

    -Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. If anyone could find beauty in a beetle, it would be you, Kate. This is lovely as well as the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photo! Amazing verse!! This blog is so wonderful. Thank you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete