Monday, August 17, 2009

Are You Burdened?



"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
~ Matthew 11:28-30


This verse was pointed out to me by a friend about 15 years ago, before I became a Christian. I have always found this verse comforting, calming, and reassuring. In these past 15 years since then, it has also proven to be true. I have found rest for my soul in Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Praise Him! Praise HIM!!! Indeed it is true!!! His word is such a comfort... and blessing~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love that verse....great photos too...who new an Instamatic could pick up that kind of detail?
    It's true...since I've given my life to God, my soul has found rest...some days are still hard, but soooo much better than it used to be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my sister's favorite verse and it brought her comfort through her struggle with a rare and unforgiving cancer. My good friend made a necklace with this scripture on it for her and after she passed, I now wear it. Your photo was a nice choice to accompany this verse. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete